A BRIEF HISTORY OF BABCOCK MOXEY (GLOUCESTER) LTD.
The Gloucester office closed in 1988.
"Babcock Moxey" is now owned & operated by Claudius Peters Ltd, who should be contacted for all enquiries relating to Babcock Moxey business activities.
All images are property of Babcock Moxey.
Other links of interest:
1935 1935 Incorporation of Moxey Conveyor & Transporter Co. Ltd. Offices located in Birmingham , UK
1956 Change of name to Moxey Ltd
1960 Company moved to larger premises with its own workshops
1962 First Moxey bucket wheel machine supplied to steelworks in Skopje , Yugoslavia
1963 Moxey Ltd taken over by Winget Ltd and moved to larger premises with increased workshop capacity in Gloucester . Awarded contracts for Aberthaw Power Station Coal Handling and Eggborough bucket wheel stacker reclaimer. These were the first bucket wheel stacker reclaimers built in the UK .
1963-75 Major contracts undertaken for British Steel Corporation at Redcar, Port Talbot, Llanwern, Hartlepool, Cleveland, Scunthorpe and Ravenscraig.
1968 Winget Ltd acquired by Babcock & Wilcox Limited
1977 Completion of major coal & ore terminal installation for British Steel Corporation at Hunterston , Scotland
1978 Company awarded contract for complete coal handling system for Castle Peak ‘A' Power Station, Hong Kong
1980 Company awarded major contracts to supply coal handling equipment for terminals and power authorities in the United States and Australia
1981 Company awarded major contract for surface conveyors including rapid loading system at National Coal Board's Selby Mine complex, Yorkshire
1982 Company awarded contract for complete coal handling system for Castle Peak ‘B' Power Station, Hong Kong . Included two Continuous Ship Unloaders – the world's first British Continuous Unloaders
1983 Company awarded contract for first British designed Circular Storage/Homogenising System for National Coal Board's Hem Heath Colliery, Staffordshire
1986-87 Babcock Moxey Gloucester office closed. A handful of staff relocated to Rochdale and Reading . Engineering Director and two senior managers form CJS Engineering Ltd and recruit the best of the Moxey staff available.
1988-90 The original offices are demolished to make way for a new retail development including a cinema, 10 pin bowling alley, and fast food restaurant.Present day The name Babcock Moxey is owned by Claudius Peters UK Ltd.